Mandarin Habanero Salmon Steaks
In the mood for salmon, but something citrus with a twist as well? Mandarin Habanero salmon steaks are just what you need! This salmon recipe requires very little prep and it is so easy to make - you can't ruin your salmon with this recipe! This will become a new family favorite in minutes.
Cook Time: 18-20 min | Prep Time: 3 min
What You Need:
3 salmon steaks, about 1.5" thick
1 tbsp of Mandarin Habanero
1.5 tsp of olive oil (optional)
whiskey barrel pellets (or any other desired flavor of pellet)
- Preheat your grill to 450°F for 5-10 minutes using wood pellets. We recommend Louisiana Grills whiskey pellets for this recipe, but any flavor will do.
- Rub olive oil on both sides of each salmon steak if they do not feel moist enough. If your steaks are plenty moist, you do not require to coat them in oil.
- Generously rub both sides of each steak with Louisiana Grills Mandarin Habanero rub. If you do not have this rub, any mandarin rub will work.
- To get desired grill marks on your steaks, place each steak at a 45 degree angle on the grill, keeping the grill on high. Grill for 2 minutes, then rotate the opposite 45 degrees for another 2 minutes.
- If you desire grill marks on both sides of your steak, flip and repeat the process.
- Turn your grill down to 220 degrees and grill for a remaining 10-12 minutes, or longer if your steaks are thicker.
Garnish with lemon and serve with your favorite salad or side.